Foliant has launched two next generation laminators designed to bridge the gap between industrial and entry level systems.
Available now, the Foliant Vega 400SF for the B3 market and Foliant Vega 530SF for the B2 market, have been developed to deliver increased performance, enhanced runnability and simpler set up. They can also handle a wide variety of digital printed sheets and high volumes of offset printed sheets ensuring production flexibility.
The Foliant Vega 400 SF runs at up to 20 m/min, 2300 B3 sheets per hour, and has a maximum format of 38 cm x 66 cm. The Foliant Vega 530 SF runs at up to 20 m/min,1720 sheets per hour, and has a maximum format 53 cm x 75 cm.
Key features for both compact industrial laminators include:
- Deep pile suction feeders for high reliability – feeder is the same as the industrial Foliant systems.
- Pneumatic high-speed bump separator.
- Adjustable dual decurl bar and overlap system.
- High level of intelligent automation: automatic first sheet positioning, automatic re-load of feeder for more efficient continuous running and more uptime.
- Automatic regeneration of master pressure roller.
- XXL Sheet format option – sheet size of 1.3m.
- Film airshaft for quick loading and tooless machine.
- 25mm film shaft aimed at foil rolls.
- Film mounted on a quick-change shaft with a film tension control breaker.
- Film holder unit equipped with an in-line trim slitter and a perforating wheel.
- Ability to run wide range of BOPP and Nylon films.
The Foliant Vega 400 SF and Foliant Vega 530 SF are controlled via an interactive, easy to use, icon-based touch screen. It automates processes to ensure smooth operation and consistently reliable results.
Time is saved through the intelligent interruption of jobs functionality that does not require re-installation or re-adjustment, while the non-sticky pressure roller does not stick to glue, film, toners and paper eliminating roller cleaning. It also allows lamination of sheets with windows.
Both systems can be retrofitted with the Foliant foiler. It applies metalised foils such as gold, silver and red, holographic foils and transparent glossy foil onto digital toner.
“These next generation models are an evolution of Foliant’s tried and trusted technology,” says Eric Keane, IFS Managing Director. “They are designed to support the need for busy post press departments to manage a higher number of short run fast turnaround jobs. Their easy to use features and the ability to intelligently interrupt jobs enables a highly flexible workflow that can respond rapidly to changing demands – perfect for today’s print production environment.”