The new Horizon AFV-566FKT fully automated cross-folder has been designed to answer an increasing need for binderies to be highly flexible and responsive.
The Horizon AFV-566FKT is the evolution of the successful AFC-566FKT automated cross-folder. With the ability to handle variable production, it has been developed to deliver enhanced functionality to tackle a broader range of fast turnround run lengths quickly and efficiently.
Key features include:
- Up to 20% faster changeover thanks to a library of stored folds readily accessible on a 12.1 inch intuitive colour touch screen.
- Auto Interval Function that adjusts to the optimum production speed automatically for higher productivity.
- Easy recovery at knife fold section to reduce downtime.
- Retainable Knife fold stoppers to minimize stoppages.
- Automated adjustment of hold-down roller on knife fold section to find the best position for smoother operation.
The system also features a new look, advanced colour touch-screen panel cover and a status checking screen for a quick at-a-glance overview.
The Horizon AFV-566FKT also includes Horizon’s cloud-based iCE LiNK IoT automation. It provides access to an intuitive easy to use dashboard that reports real-time production analysis for improved efficiency and profitability, remote update capabilities and scheduled maintenance resulting in less downtime. The information is accessible via smartphone, tablet or desktop PC and the software is designed for integration with MIS systems.
“Operations are under increasing pressure to minimise production costs effectively while managing an increasingly broad range of products and run lengths,” says Eric Keane, IFS Managing Director.
“To do that effectively requires fully automated, easy to set up, simple to operate systems that deliver high quality results – fast. With the new Horizon AFV-566FKT, Horizon has retained the core capabilities of the robustly engineered folder series. Following an end to end review it has made enhancements throughout and together they create a powerfully responsive solution.”
The Horizon AFV-566FKT is available now.